Thursday, January 6, 2011

Resolve

At the advice of my sister, I have been checking out the Resolve website. It is a must for anyone dealing with the ups and downs of not being able to conceive. It is chock full of information about EVERYTHING having to do with infertility from emotions and the two week wait to support groups, adoption and pregnancy after infertility.

Jason and I are at the beginning of our journey, medically. We have been TTC for the better part of a year and a half, but sought the help of a doctor in August of 2010 at which time we started the journey of Provera, sperm analysis, ultrasounds, HSG, Metformin and this month, the first cycle of Clomid. There are a lot of ups and downs and for me, the two week wait has proven to be the worst. I tend to be fairly impatient and it is really hard to wait, all the while wondering if it might work, scrutinizing and over analyzing each and every pang of something that feels different in my body that could be a sign of pregnancy. Everything I read reiterates that fact that everyone is different and unfortunately, you just have to get through the wait to know for sure. Then there is that fear of even taking a test. There have been many negatives and no positives and the thought of having another negative is at the least, very unpleasant.

Infertility and all that it encompasses is no doubt a difficult road, but we all live the hand we are dealt and find ways to cope with it. The Resolve website is one tool that I have found to be very helpful.

1 comment:

Melba said...

I love this post and I'm glad you are finding the RESOLVE website helpful. I think they do a lot of great things for the IF world and I'm happy they are a resource people like us can access.

Melba