Saturday, April 17, 2010

Social networking irritation...

Why do people insist on posting themed weeks, like "daughters week, sons week, sisters week," etc" on Facebook and why do people continually send requests for Farmville Friends to send them things on the main page?

First of all, the themed weeks are getting REALLY old. Who makes this stuff up? There aren't designated weeks for these things. I don't know about most people, but the people I love in my life are people that I love every day and I don't feel the need to announce it to the whole world as a designated week. It's dumb.

Secondly, doesn't Farmville have a way to send messages to other Farmville players within the game app or does it ALL have to show up on my main page??

These things are a point of contention for me. I like Facebook, but I like it because I want to keep track of people and see what interesting things people are up to, not read stupid repeats and requests for a game that I don't even play!!

I just checked my Facebook page and I would estimate that 85% of the posts on there were something related to the aforementioned annoyances. It's almost becoming not fun anymore.

1 comment:

Melba said...

I know! I've been feeling the same way about FB a lot lately. Where once I would check my page every day without fail, now I sometimes go days without even logging in and it's entirely because of these things you mentioned in this post.

I've managed to finally hide all of the posts from the games my friends play (you can hide all posts from any games that regularly appear on your page) but that's only for now. Every day there seems to be something new.

Annoying is right...I think FB is on the way out but I wonder what the next big craze will be?

Melba