Wednesday, September 5, 2007

ARRRGGGGGGH!!! (no I am NOT a pirate)

I know I JUST wrote a really positive and happy post, but that was before I checked my bank account and realized it was overdrawn!! I just had to take MORE from savings to cover my stupid butt. I have been really dumb this week with my spending habits. Tomorrow is Jason's birthday and of course, I spent more than I should on him. I didn't really go overboard on his gifts, but I also bought stuff to make dinner and a cake, plus some drinks. I don't feel like 2 DVDs, a book, 2 CDs, some mixed nuts and a $15 iTunes gift card is that outrageous. I guess it is since we just bought a house. I don't know what my problem is. I always have this need to make sure others are happy and taken care of. It is a blessing and a curse. I want him to have a good birthday, so what do I do? I go out and spend money. Money that we don't have.

I am so happy to have this house and to be where I am, I just DO NOT want to get behind on our mortgage or our bills. I basically have to work full time in order to stay current on that stuff and have enough gas money to get to and from work and school. I am just feeling frustrated. Our mortgage, electric, and car insurance is due with the next paycheck and there is no way we will be able to pay all of those and have enough for gas and groceries. If I hadn't gone overboard on gifts and food for birthday, then we would probably be able to squeeze by. It would be tight, but it would be doable. I guess something will just have to wait. It is all a delicate balance and the bottom line is we will probably just have to learn to struggle until I graduate and start making some decent money.

On the positive side, money is another good reason to push really hard and make sure that I make it through the program.

No comments: