Wednesday, September 5, 2007

It's been a while

I realize it has been a while since I have updated this. I have had a pretty busy summer. I did get through the stack of things I had to do to make the registration lottery. In fact, I picked my preferences for class times/teacher and I got my first pick!!! I like to think that is a sign that I am off to a good start.

I had my first day of classes yesterday. My teacher for Nursing 116 (fundamentals of nursing), Mrs. Palmer, came highly reccommended by two girls that are a year ahead of me in the program. She seems really nice, so far. She made it clear that we can all do this if we are willing to work hard. She seems to have a very positive attitude and that really helps me. No one ever said we could do it at Henry Ford. They liked to use what I call "scare tactics" At the orientation at HFCC, they told us to look to our left and to our right and that one of those people wouldn't be there at graduation. Let me tell you, that really makes you feel like you are going to succeed . No one has said anything even remotely like that at Schoolcraft. They make it clear that it is a lot of time consuming work, but that if you are willing to work hard and perservere, you will become a nurse. That is the kind of attitude that I need. I felt nervouse ALL day Monday and was pretty anxious getting to school yesterday, but I left there feeling like I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. It is a good feeling.

I am looking forward to learning, growing and facing the challenges of the next two years!

1 comment:

Melba said...

Just remember to fill in all those shades of gray with your brilliant color and all will be fine. It is going to be a lot of work but you are one of the most motivated people I know so I know you'll be walking across that stage in no time!!

I love you and wish you all the best.

Melba